Thursday, May 15, 2014

nostalgia

I have a love-hate relationship with nostalgia.

Love

I'm definitely thankful for experiencing all that I have, and the fact that my memories are exclusive to me and only me makes them even more special. After all, what is life but a collection of memories?

I wouldn't give them up for anything.

Hate

But memories are but only memories. You don't ever get to re-experience them, and on days when I drown myself in full-fledged nostalgia, I'm left with a nothing but emptiness, because I know no matter how hard I try, I will never get to go back in time.

I'm going to end off by quoting Andy Bernard:


"I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days before you actually left them."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

life is but a collection of memories? how shallow minded.

May 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home